Self Service Visitor Monitoring App – UPDATE
Our Self Service Visitor Monitoring App is an innovative piece of software which allows visitor check-in and registration to become a contactless, independent process.
This is useful for businesses with very busy receptionists, as it removes some of the workload, or or those businesses who want to switch to an unmanned reception model.
With Tensor plc, our parent site, we regularly update our software with new features and functionalities, and strive to make the product suitable for as wide a range of real-life scenarios as possible.
Of course, as of time of writing (September 2020) there is one overwhelming ‘real-life scenario’ on everyone’s minds. That is why this latest SSVM release, version 2.1.104, offers features designed to minimise the risk of infection with COVID19 for on-site staff and visitors.
If you have the above version, along with v4.4.0.x or above of the Tensor.NET software, here are some features that you will benefit from:
1. Contactless Checking – Visitors can now use the QR or bar code which appears on their appointment notification email to check IN or OUT. Again, this gets rid of the potential health hazard of a joint tablet placed in reception.
2. SSVM Online – This new website makes an important part of the visitor appoint-booking and checking-in system contactless.
In its previous form, visitor questionnaires needed to be completed on a tablet in reception, which multiple people would have to touch. This new web format enables visitors to fill in necessary information using their own devices safely and securely.
After booking an appointment, visitors are by default emailed a link to the SSVM questionnaire. The system logs completed questionnaires, and will not ask the same questions again once the visitor arrives at the site. You can also enable a ‘Check-Out’ questionnaire to visitors to fill out afterwards.
3. Signature capture via visitor questionnaires – You can include a ‘Signature’ option on the questionnaire, which allows visitors to write their signature on the touch screen or the personal device used to complete the web format questionnaire. Once recorded, their signature is stored with the rest of their data in the system and can immediately be used on printed visitor passes.
4. Host configuration – This increases security and ease of use of choosing a host. When the new ‘User Options’ setting is selected, only pre-selected employees will listed as potential hosts to ad hoc visitors. This stops visitors from turning up at site and trying to place surprise demands on the time of otherwise engaged employees.
5. Visitor arrival email – When the visitor has checked in, they will receive a welcome email. This email can now be configured to include questionnaire answers plus the visitor’s captured signature. Answers entered to the SSVM questions online are also emailed to the visitor’s host.
6. Video support – Check IN and OUT forms can now play informational videos both on the tablet and in the online questionnaire. This helps visitors to answer questions without requiring in-person receptionist assistance.
TENSOR SSVM PRE-REQUISITES
Please remember that the Self-Service Visitor Management (SSVM) App Version 2.1. 104 requires the following:
- Microsoft’s Internet Information Services, version 7.0, 7.5 or 10.0.
- A compatible version of Tensor SSM.
- Any edition of a compatible version of Tensor.NET registered with WinMCVS and SSM serial numbers.
- A mobile device running Android version 9.0 (Pie) or above.
- A mobile device running IOS version 11.3 or above.
- An account to download the android app from Google Play or an account to download the IOS app from the iTunes Store.
- Configuration changes to the user organisation’s DNS, or the allocation to tablets of static IP addresses, must be made to allow app connectivity.